Two questions (gears and limiter)

From: Mike (spammikeREMOVE@home.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 10:41:06 EDT

Hello, I have two quick questions. First, I recently took a trip on the
Coquihalla highway from Vancouver to Kelowna. Plenty of hills to go over
and I noticed something a bit odd. I had my truck in cruise and OD enabled.
I noticed that as it started climbing some of the steeper hills it would
drop down a gear, which is understandable, I'm assuming that was a 4th->3rd
shift. I didn't want it to shift in and out of 4th so I disabled OD at that
point. The truck then downshifted again (2nd???) then upshifted (back to
3rd???). If it downshifts on it's own and I disable OD should it not just
stay in the gear it's in? I was doing about 120Km/h at the time. Is it
possible that it uses a different set of gears when in OD? I recently read
something in this group about a different 2nd gear when upshifting versus
downshifting. Is something similar going on here?

Question two, do these trucks have a rev/speed limiter? On the way home I
wanted to give it a test speed run and took it up to 180Km/h for a short
while and it was still going. If there is a limiter, at what point does it
kick in?

Thanks,
Mike

2001 Club Cab Sport