RE: Octane boosters - do they work/are they safe?

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 13:37:42 EDT

You shouldn't be running 86? octane gas with a Jet Stage II chip. You're
essentially beating the crap out of your engine, at least your pistons...and
rods....and crankshaft, etc. I would do the 180 t-stat and 3923 plugs
sooner than later to at least help in alleviating the pinging. With the Jet
chip I don't think you're going to get rid of it (due to advanced timing)
without going to 92+ octane gas.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD