Octane boosters - do they work/are they safe?

From: TX QC2000 (txqc2000@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 13:13:58 EDT

I was just curious whether octane boosters are
effective and whether they're ok to use, particularly
on the 5.9L engine. I'd like to get rid of some
knocking that I've sometimes experienced using 86
octane gas. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

=====
'00 Quadcab SLT+ Garnet Red 4x4 (AWD) 5.9L 46RE 3.55 LSD. For list of modifications to my QC, see my profile:
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Vof5jrNb0pR1M/

For pictures of my QC & Accessories: http://www.geocities.com/txqc2000