ALIGNMENT PROBLEM 1991 DAK 2WD

From: Ginny P. Hartwig (dghartwig@juno.com)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 01:28:47 EDT

Due to a Dodge dealer's mechanic not tightening the upper pivot shaft
bolts during alignment, my upper pivot shaft slipped on the frame and
wore away ridges stamped on the frame. Now, the upper pivot shaft
cannot be secured in position. The upper pivot shaft slides out of
alignment in short order, even after bolts have been torqued to 155
ft-lbs. My dealer has advised me he cannot align my 1991 Dakota 2WD.

Two other alighment shops tried but gave up. Neither the dealer nor
Father Dodge have a fix for this problem. Am I the only one out there
that is experiencing this difficulty? Does anyone have a solution?
Don Hartwig, Atlanta, GA