Re: Re: 11 mpg on a v6, and bogging prob.

From: Mike Styer (m_styer@go.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 23:53:37 EDT

It wasn't the IAT sensor that people are talking about. That one is mounted on the side of the intake manifold. The one i am talking about is a vacuum sensor on the side of the throttle body (sorry i cannot remember the name of it for some reason-somebody help me out here:). It is a $53 part from Autozone and easy to replace. You have to remove the tb, I just did a through cleaning of mine while it was apart and replaced the vacuum sensor while it was off. The next tank of gas and BOOM went from going 180 miles on a tank back to 360.

good luck
mike S.