Re: 11 mpg on a v6, and bogging prob.

From: Geoff (geoff_fahl_1@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 22:23:39 EDT

Mike, I've gotten 12 as long as i've had my truck (2 years) but the only
dtc's I've found are O2 sensors. What all is involved in cleaning/changing
the map sensor?

Thanks, Geoff

"Mike Styer" <m_styer@go.com> wrote in message
> MAP sensor is what I was talking about..sorry :) stupid moment 8) I paid
$55 dollars for it and I cant remember what it's name was, how sad it
that...wait...what was that first girlfriend's name? ;-)

> Seriously the part I replaced this December was the MAP sensor on the
front of the throttle body. I had a computer code that said the MAP sensor
was reading the same pressure before and after startup, so after checking
all my vacuum hoses I caved in and ran up to Autozone and bought a new MAP
sensor (I am sure that is what is called, I just checked my maintenance
book). My mileage was a consitent 10.xxx no matter what driving style.
After changing it I regained my origonal mileage of 20-22 and that is what I
have got since then. Sorry for the confusion Geoff.