Re: spank, spank, spanked

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 01:38:10 EDT

Bill, I'm going to assume that the Chevy was a 5.3L/4L60E truck. What gear
did he have? I know a guy here that has a 2000 Silverado reg. cab with a K&N
Gen II, Hypertech Power Programmer, Modded TB, Granatelli mass air sensor,
3.73 locking rear, Custom 2.5" Stainless duals w/a gibson muff.,lowered 2/4
and he runs 20" KMC wheels with 275/60/20 BFG rubber. I kicked with him on
the levy outside of town coming home from the dragstrip last friday night.
We were running about 45 and I told him to go when he was ready.He didn't
think I would kick with him because I never get on my truck! He punched it,
and while his 4L60E was dropping to 2nd, I knocked it up in 3rd, and was
able to jump him about a truck and a half. I stayed out that far in front,
until I hit 5000 and shifted to 4th. When I shifted, he gained the truck and
a half back, and it was dead even from there until we hit about 80-85, we
both let up at the same time. I talk to him all the time and he said he was
so pissed about not dusting me. He wanted to know what was hiding under the
hood of my Dodge. Uhhh, absolutely nothing! A drop-in K&N and exhaust! It's
a shame that his modded Chevy didn't do as well as he'd like! My best friend
has a 1999 Silverado reg. cab w/the 5.3L/4L60E/3.42 open gear, and my truck
will run circles around his without even touching the red part of my tach! A
few upgrades on that 4,7L and you will be dusting those Chevy's!

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Thumper" <thumper72@lvcm.com>

Yeah it wasnt bad but I know there is alot more power to be had from the
4.7. The Chevy got to me....lol

Bill Boggs
ICQ# 96440831
thumper72@lvcm.com