Re: yanked an 18-wheeler Both Wills

From: Woodruff, Jason P (Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 12:12:07 EDT

A few things to consider when upgrading your dak to a space shuttle engine:

1.) Liquid hydrogen fuel is -423 degrees Fahrenheit, the second coldest
liquid on Earth: Good news, no need for that air conditioning unit.

2.) Combustion chamber reaches +6000 degrees Fahrenheit - that's higher than
the boiling point of Iron. Good news again, the defroster will take that
ice right off, melt the glass too.

3.) Maximum equivalent horsepower developed by Space Shuttle Main Engines is
just over 12 million horsepower each. You might want to upgrade your
brakes.

4.) Although not much larger than an automobile engine, the SSME
high-pressure fuel turbopump generates 100 horsepower for each pound of its
weight. Very few body modifications needed. (one of my projects is working
on a new, even better turbo pump)

5.) If water, instead of fuel, were pumped by one of the Space Shuttle Main
Engines, an average family-sized swimming pool could be drained in 75
seconds. You may want to consider a larger gas tank.

6.) The discharge pressure of an SSME high-pressure fuel turbopump could
send a column of liquid hydrogen 36 miles in the air. Don't spring a fuel
leak.

7.) You'll also need a 2000 person team of engineers to support everytime
you stepped on the gas costing about $1million/launch. And we require
donuts every time.

One engine sells for about 1 billion dollars from Rocketdyne in Huntsville.
Just send me the check, and I'll be sure to forward it.

Jay W
4.7L Auto Sport+ C.C. 2wd Black
Mods Profile page at
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Re5X8z5la@Ix2/profile.htm