Re: Re: yanked an 18-wheeler-Reaction

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 01:20:03 EDT

The Duramax is a freakin' joke in my opinion! Come on, aluminum heads on a
diesel?? Really, what were they thinking? When are GM and Ford going to wise
up and realize that real diesels come in one configuration-inline 6-cyl's!!
The powerchokes eat themselves from the inside out with the cylinder liner
cavitation problems. I'm not even going to mention that peice of crap 6.5L
oil burner GM called a truck engine. Now that was a joke! I don't think the
Duramax is going to fare much better for too long! Oh sure, they're popular
now, but what's going to happen in 2 year when they find out where the real
problems are? I wish I sold headgaskets and/or head assemblies to GM for
that Duramax engine, I'd be sitting on a goldmine waiting to happen! I'm not
sure what posseses people to buy a diesel truck other than a Dodge w/ the
Cummins. I mean would you rather have a V8 diesel with internal injectors,
known cylinder liner pitting and cavitation problems(Ford/International
Powerstroke 7.3L 444 CI), a new, unproven design with aluminum heads,
32-valves, etc. (GM/Isuzu Duramax 6.6L), or an Inline 6-cyl that is an
actual truck engine(the ISB is used in bus/motorhome applications as well as
FORD'S F650+ line,as well as other large GVWR chassis) with a proven track
record, uncompromised reliability, very simplistic design, and the
advantages go on! (Dodge/Cummins 5.9L 359 CI) I just find it hard to believe
that Ford or GM sell even near the # of diesel powered pickups/chassis that
Dodge does! Why don't you call Ford and ask them why the Cummins ISB
engine(actually rated at less HP than the standard 24-valve ram version) is
standard in their F-650+ line of trucks and not their wonderful Powerstroke?
I'd like to see somebody with a Dodge/standard Cummins ISB pull up next to
somebody in an F-850 and say, hey, you know we have the exact same engine?
How about that?? In my 3/4 ton too! I don't think this Dodge is
underpowered!

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: NVMYDakota@aol.com

Get one of those new CUmmins Red Heads (from Cummins) for the RV can't argue
with 1200 Ft Lb of torque (eat that Duramax!)

Greg