RE: Need Help Changing Diff. Fluids

From: Russ Borman (xjruss@iwon.com)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 13:08:49 EDT

   You should be fine with only RTV, I am currently using the red but have
used grey and blue in the past. I use 75W-90 Amsoil in my diffs, but you
can get Mobil 1 75W-90 at Autozone or Kragen. I think the front diff takes
roughly 1.7qt and the rear is around 2.1qt. I'm not sure what to look for
except that if you find a couple gear teeth on the bottom of the diff, that
would be a bad sign ;oP.
   I have two pumps that I use, one for the diffs and one for the t-case
so that I don't mix fluids. You will probably need to use a pump for the
front diff, there isn't much room to get a bottle and/or funnel up there.
 Autozone sells good pumps for around $10.

Hope this helps,

Russ