Re: Homebrew air hats

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 23:20:42 EDT

> I've been thinking about setting up a cold air intake on my 1990 dak for a
> couple months. But I haven't been able to figure out how to homebrew a
> 'hat' for the throttle body. Last night I was looking at some tupperwear
> containers and coffee cans and scratching my head. This would be easy if
> could find PVC pipe in 5.25 diameter. Has any one come up with a simple
> solution for this?

Easy,
Just find someone on the list who owns a GenIII Dakota and is no longer
using their stock air hat or buy one from the dealer. It fits extremely snug
on the throttle body. Be sure to use a throttle body to air cleaner
'gasket'(1/8" thick rubber gasket), which is also available through the
dealer for about $5. I even bought a fancy round billet air cleaner nut from
Summit, rather than using the stock/ugly wing nut.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6