Re: Re: Slight "Knocking" from 4.7 Bottom End

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 28 2001 - 10:41:31 EDT

So they short-blocked it? Did they give you any reasons as to why they
didn't replace it with a complete engine? Did they extend your warranty as a
result of the engine having been torn apart? Did they replace anything else
while they were into it?

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: Gary Joyce <gjoyce_@excite.com>

Tanner-

Yup. I bet I know exactly what it is. Mine did that too. 2000 4.7 dak
sport 4x4. Anyhow, everymorning, or right after work, for about 3 minutes
til it reached temp, it had a slight knock. well, its was slight at first.
It was under warranty so i asked my dodge dealer. It was a bad rod bearing.
they went to rebuild it, saw the damage had been done, and now I've got a
new short block, w/200 miles on it. If your under warranty i'd have that
looked at right away... but your story sounds just like mine. you don't
wanna run a 20 weight to cover it up. no knocking is good....
Hope i haven't ruined your day. but i will say my local dodge dealer did a
knockdown job on the instal. really clean job. truck runs beautiful, and i
thought i'd be scared of drivin a rebuild/replace job, but i'm tickled to
death it runs so good. I hope yours works out, too..
have a good one
Gary