Installed Hurst shifter...questions though

From: yllwdkta (yllwdkta@insight.rr.com)
Date: Sun Apr 29 2001 - 00:46:30 EDT

Well I installed my Hurst shifter today. it is awesome. I have a question
though. When I put it in first gear it doesn't actually go into gear until
the very end of the upward motion. now when I let go of the handle the
handle goes down almost to the neutral position. When I put it into second
gear it doesn't actually go into gear until the very end of the movement.
The I can pick the handle up and freely move it around almost to neutral
position. I find it hard to tell if I am in neutral or in gear. I posted a
video of what I am trying to describe to...
www.angelfire.com/oh4/ohiomeet/hurst.html Sorry the file is so big. I am
still learning how to us this dazzle thing. all you need to do is click on
the file and it will download for you to view. Angelfire only lets someone
download a file from it's servers from a web page on its server. Dumb but
oh well.

OK what I am looking for is. Is this normal? Is there any adjustment that
can be made to correct this?

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Tim Althoff
http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/yllw/dkta.html
99 Solar Yellow RC V-6 Manual