FOUR Personal Bests ! ! !

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Apr 28 2001 - 22:58:20 EDT

Hi, Draksters

I went to track today to test the 3000 stall converter and the Amsoil
ATF+4 tranny oil which I had installed last Tuesday.

Last week, with the stock converter and ATF+3 Type 7176, I made
11 runs with a best 60' time of 2.17, a worst of 2.31 and an average
of 2.26.

Today, with the 3000 converter and Amsoil ATF+4, I made 8 runs
with the tires spinning on every launch. Best 60' time was 2.09,
worst was 2.18 and the average was 2.13. I was trying different
tire pressures from 16 to 18 lbs (1/2 lb increments) but still spun
the tires quite a bit.

I would say track condition today was about average in the 3 years
that I've been going to Cayuga. Weather conditions were 50-57F,
38% humidity and a 15 mph headwind.

I was amazed at the consistency (for me anyways) that I had for the
8 runs ... four 14.7s and for 14.8s. I think that most of the credit for this
consistency goes to the synth. tranny fluid. The ATF+4 also helped
my WOT manual shifts ... no lifting for 1-2 shifts @ 4800 rpm nor for
2-3 shifts from 5200 to 5400 rpms!

Personal bests:
   1/4 ET = 14.71 sec.
   1/4 MPH = 93.19
   1/8 ET = 9.29 sec.
   1/8 mph = 74.16

In search of a bit more launch traction (aren't we all),
Bob