Re: FOUR Personal Bests ! ! !

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Apr 29 2001 - 12:01:59 EDT

At 11:29 AM 4/29/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Congrats!!! Sounds like the tranny work might be starting to pay off?

Thanks. I sure hope so. I'm not sure if the improvements will translate
themselves in the 1/4-mile times. The truck may be just too heavy.
The headwind was pretty brisk and Cayuga is not known for having a
great launch pad. St. Thomas, on the hand, has one, and Grand Bend
is supposed to have an even better one.

My personal best 60' time (2.07) was at St. Thomas. Really curious
to see if I can get 2.00 or better with the traction there.

I goofed on that 14.71 run. I did the 2-3 shift a bit too early and it may
have cost me from getting into the 14.6s. I thought I had shifted at
5100. When I looked at the scanner readouts afterwards, it showed
I shifted at 5075 rpms (argh).

>BTW, Norah wanted me to forward her apologies for not being able to meet
>you at the shop on Tuesday. She wasn't feeling well at all, but we didn't
>have
>any way to get in contact with you.

Tell Norah, no problem. It turned out to be quite nasty with that
cold, hurricane force wind. Almost stopped me from going out to
take smoke breaks :-)

Bob