Introduction / Question

From: Shawn Bowen (shawn@bowen.com)
Date: Sun Apr 29 2001 - 15:13:37 EDT

Hello Everyone,
        Well it was bound to happen. I was driving a 98 5.7L 2wd Eddie Bower Ford
Expedition for the last 3 years. It was a lease. So after my drunken
stupor wore off, I realized that when I got rid of that truck I was gonna do
a Dodge (I have to say out of fairness I never had 1 problem with the ford,
BUT it's just not my bag). I did K5 4x4 Blazers (lots of em, jacked up and
modded to the tilt) growing up. Dodge has come a long way since the early
mid 80's, I used to HATE their interiors. Now they are the perfect middle
ground between full size and compact trucks.

        Sooo, after being really ripped off for the lease from ford, I decided I
wanted good reliable 4x4 x-cab pickup with a real motor in it. That's where
Dodge came in, I like the Durango's a lot, but I wanted to save some cash
and the Durango I wanted was close about 12K more than I wanted to spend. I
ended up buying a 98 5.2L 4x4 CC with 40K on it. Truck really seems to be
in great shape, the last two days the interior has been completely ripped
out in my garage while I put my Stereo equipment in it.

        My question is this, I have seen a bunch of mods here and there, but I was
wondering if we could put together a list of mods all in one place, I would
love suggestions and additions to the following list of what I already have
planned for now:
Cold air intake with K&N filter
Autolite 3923 Plugs
8.5mm Plug wires
Catback Dual Exhaust

Any other Mods you guys could suggest for better performance or Gas mileage
that don't cost several thousand $$$'s (like a supercharger)????

Thanks,
        Shawn
        98 5.2L 4x4 CC Sport