4" TM Lift Specs(Dave, Jason, Walter)

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Apr 29 2001 - 23:01:38 EDT

I guess I am directing this post towards Walter Felix, Jason Moobery, and
Dave Kilian.....and anyone else who has the TrailMaster 4" Lift Kit on their
truck.
Can I get some 'background info' on your 4" TM lift kit. First off, which
kit did you get your kit from? I know the 4" kit lists like 3 different
parts numbers:
1. DD43N
2. DD43S
3. DD43SSV

I assume the difference is just for which series of TrailMaster shocks come
with the kit. I noticed that the SSV kit is the cheapest, so I guess I am
going to concentrate on that kit. Secondly, are you using any steering
stabilizers with the kit? If so, are you using their Single or Double
stabilizer kit? Which series shock are you using also as the stabilizer, as
they list two, the SS and the SSV being offered for the 4" lift.

Thirdly, are you running the dual front and dual rear shock setup with this
lift? How does this affect the kit? Does ordering the Dual Front(DSS37) come
with the extra two shocks and all the needed brackets or is this just the
extra needed bracket? Same with the rear then, does the Dual Rear(DS38 )
come with the extra two shocks and all the needed brackets or is this just
the extra needed bracket? For those who are running the single shocks all
the way around, how are they doing handling the larger/heavier tires? If you
had to do it again, would you have done the dual shock setup at each corner?
For those who are running the dual setup already, how is it working out? If
you had to do it again, would you have done single shocks are each corner?

Lastly, did everyone buyt the optional 8096 Front Skid Plate when doing the
4" Lift? Summit lists this skid plate as costing $79.69. Is this plate worth
it?

Ok now.......pricing.......the cheapest I have found the kit is from Summit
Racing for $1,299.99 for the DD43SSV kit. Did they charge anything special
for shipping? Any problems with items/parts missing? THANKS A TON FELLAS! I
think it is my turn to join the elite ranks this summer.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6