Re: New 4.7L and When To Put Synthetic Oil In

From: Paul Macey (pmacey@ans.net)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 13:03:44 EDT

Thanks guys for the replies, is a longer break in period more desirable,
or after 3-5K miles, not a issue with using synthetics, thinking the
engine is 'done broken in'?

I'm new to the DAK and the 4.7, ordered mine Saturday 3/17 (factory got
the order Monday 3/19)...getting ready to pick my 2001 DAK QC
tomorrow...I've learned alot in the last 6 weeks, as usual, I've seen
many different views and opinions on the same subject, from best air
filter and itake to best cat-back exhaust, to best PCM upgrade, to best
oil and filter..I take the general feeling and advice and use that as a
guage on how to base my next moves.

Thanks again!