Re: Body Lift/Gas Tank Straps

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 11:39:43 EDT

> The gas tank doesn't move at all with the body lift, its just the filler
> hose that moves. I didnt pay too much attention to it on my 93 but I dont
> remember it being a problem at all. I never gave it a second look after
> making sure the filler hose was long enough to reach the extra 3". The
> biggest PITA with the body lift is the T case lever vibriating on the trim
> pannel when you are done. A custom bent lever would solve that problem
> though and it may not even be a problem with a 2" lift.

Thanks Chris,
Ok....one side of each gas tank strap has a hole in it and get slid over a
bolt hanging down from the bed, and then becomes secured with a nut. The
other side of the two straps are connected to the frame via little cutouts
which the straps lock into. If the bed is raised up 2" or 3", the straps
really would also move up that 2" or 3" and then would cock the gas tank up
that lifted few inches, wouldnt it? Did you have to do any steering shaft
mods with that 3" Body lift? If you had to do it over again, would you have
choosen the 2" over the 3"? Did you use the Trailmaster body lift kit? Was
the kit pretty complete, part wise? Other than the tcase lever, did you
have anyu trouble installing it or problems encountered after the lift? What
size tires did you run afterwards? Thanks for any and all info.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6