Re: Re: Re: Got my a** whipped...WRX comments

From: Viper450hpGTS@aol.com
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 22:18:22 EDT

In a message dated 5/2/2001 5:55:08 PM Central Daylight Time,
cyberlaw@earthlink.net writes:

<< The WRX's are a little bit of a disappointment here on the Autocross scene.
 At first people thought they would hang with S2000's and Boxster's. No,
 not quite. They actually get their hats handed to them by Integra Type R's
 in lowly G-Stock.

 They can pull a hot 60-foot time with that AWD, but they are heavy, lack
 torque, have turbo lag, and have insanely small 6.5" wide factory rims.
 Yeah, you street guys can change all that, but not the stock class
 autocrossers. That's a disappointment because this car was clearly being
 marketed to autocrossers. With purchase you even get an SCCA membership
 and they are offering prize money at national solo2's and ProSolo's for the
 highest finishing Suburu's. At our last local event, 16 WRX's showed up.
 I didn't think there were that many sold in all of California.

 Suburu is not ignorant of where the car stands vis a vis the competition.
 Look for next years version to be tweaked. Gotta applaud Suburu for giving
 a damn.

 -STE

Look for an STi version in 2003

James