re: Re: Smelly Headers/Bob Tom

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 08:49:05 EDT

At 04:03 AM 5/3/01 +0000, you wrote:
>Hey Bob Tom... what's the skinny on those copper gaskets you had installed?
>The reason I ask is... after replacing my collector gaskets for the third
>time in
>two years, I'd like to find something that lasts!
>Are these strictly a header gasket, or do they make them for the
>collectors/y-pipe?
>Thanks! Brett Forehand '94 Dakota CC Sport

Hi, Brett

They were the three gaskets for the MP collector/Y-pipe on my '97. The
'garage'
that did my converter got them from a small speed shop franchise in Ontario
called
Karbelt. It surprised me that they had the required shapes and sizes
(according to
them, they should never leak and last forever).

Bob