Re: Re: Hesitation??

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 21:27:20 EDT

Thanks,Paul. I'm not sure what's causing it. I've got some stock heat range
Autolites on hand. I think I'll slide them in there this weekend and see if
it affects it. It doesn't really bother me because it is very rare that I
just crank it up and go immediately, but when I do just go out in the
morning to move it or something, I notice it.
My gas mileage didn't seem to suffer with the colder plugs, either. Still
holding at a consistent 22 avg in town and 28.5-29 avg on the highway. Good
to hear your oil analysis came back good.Thanks again,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Paul Bullerman" <hemikota@home.com>

My 4.7 does the same thing. I just let it idle for a few minutes before
driving. I try not to smoke in it so I usually just finish my cig and then
go.I dont remember this happening last summer, since then, I put in NGK
plugs that are a heat range colder. I wonder if that has something to do
with it. Still, it runs great. I get an avg of 15 mpg around town. And the
last oil analysis I had (last month) showed no signs of a rich fuel mixture.
HTH
Boog