Re: Re: Hesitation??

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 00:42:57 EDT

Well Arnold, I had always let mine warm up until at least the temp gauge had
moved past 130 and tried to let it got up to operating temp, but a while
back I had posted a message with something about that in it. Several people
responded to me saying that this was excessive and would cause undue carbon
build-up in the combustion chambers and the intake tract. They also implied
that it would make for more sludge on the inside of the engine. Ever since I
quit letting the truck warm up, it has run progressively worse. It recently
got to idling so bad that it would quit on me when it was cold. I swapped
plugs and cleaned the TB between an oil change interval, when I usually do
it, and it helped but didn't cure the rough idle. I'm not sure what is
causing the hesitation I have. I would reccomend that you continue to let
the truck warm u before you move it. It seemed to help mine, and it ran much
better like that.

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Arnoldo Silva" <silva@rio.bravo.net>

Will ,
why are you not supposed to let the truck warm up before you go in the
morning. i always do please give me more info.
arnold