Re: Re: Re: Got my a** whipped...WRX comments

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 23:26:17 EDT

| You can get 17" wheels & tires straight from Subaru (as an option).
|
| James

The dealer installed STi package with 17" BBS rims aren't legal for SCCA
Stock classes. Has to come from the factory. I don't think Subaru
understood this originally, because in some of their press releases aimed
at our community pointed out the availability of race proven 17" BBS rims.
Oh well.... I don't like the rule. I think it should be based on a
minimum number of publicly available packages rather than factory installed
only. In Subaru's case here the dealer installed package is an authorized,
factory designed option. At least that's my understanding.

Dak content:

On the 22nd, when we had 16 WRX's show up at our local autocross I'm sure
Jay Woodruff in his screaming black 4.7L Dak smoked his share of them.
Kinda embarrassing for a newbie to show up in his new hot toy and get
smoked by a truck. Not even an R/T or a Lightning at that! And a Club Cab
with a hitch.... I'll take some small credit as having helped inspire the
newest wildman on the autocross circuit!

-STE