ADVISE> changing plugs on 4.7L

From: SEMIHEMI01@aol.com
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 07:42:41 EDT

    After changing plugs on my 4.7, I reached a revelation. Change one at a
time and put the coil nut in a container before you pull the coil and the
plug. Remove the old plug and replace it & the coil before you pick up the
nut.
    REASON: if you happen to drop the nut and it goes down the sparkplug
hole, it's now in the combustion chamber and I dont think you'll get it out
without pulling the head. It's also about 6 inches down to the sparkplug
threads. If you drop it in on the sparkplug it'll be hard to get out and can
wedge itself beside the plug. Bill

SEMIHEMI01@AOL.COM (Bill C.) 2001 QC, 4.7L, KENNE BELL SC'ed, 5spd.
3.55 LSD, Bored & polished TB, 10w-30 MOBIL 1, GIBSON 3" Single <A
HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/semihemi01/">"THE DAK"</A>