RE: Popping sound when turning up a slight bump

From: Woodruff, Jason P (Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 12:12:12 EDT

Mine's making a nasty pop too, like I hit the rear right underside with a
rubber mallet. I tightened up four cab bolts last night, but now I see
maybe they need replacing not tightening. How the hell do you get to the
front two bolts anyways?

Well mine is weird sometimes though. If I'm real light on it going right up
a driveway it won't pop until I'm 50ft out of the turn. Is this consistent
with cab bolt problem? Anything else it could be? I'll make it to the
dealer sooner or later.

I would guess it happens mostly to the right because right hand turns
generally are sharper that lefts.

Jay W
4.7L Auto Sport+ C.C. 2wd Black
Mods Profile page at