Re: Trim/ wiring question

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 16:33:33 EDT

Chris, I'm putting (2) JL Audio 10" W-0's in a custom-built box in it. I've
got a Rockford Fosgate Punch 100, and an MTX crossover. It's not exactly
what I would've bought but I'm getting it from my friend who owes me for
putting a transmssion in his truck last weekend. I gave him a 700-R4 and
swapped it for him, now his work truck is back on the road, and he owes me!
So, I'll be getting the system from him.The system works real well in his
truck, so it should sound exactly the same in mine. The box was custom built
for a Dakota reg. cab by Audio Extrmes, a custom stereo shop about 30 miles
from here. It fit great in my buddie's truck, and let the seats go all the
way back or up just one notch, I think.I'll let you know when I get it in my
truck. It's made to fit over the jack stowage and it has a cut in the middle
so that when I fold the console down, I can still slide my CD case or
whatever behind it. I am going to use the speaker level inputs on the amp
and use the right front speaker signal to feed to it. I will run the power
down the left side of the floorpan and run the signal feed down the right
side. I will probably mount the amp under the driver's seat or I'd prefer
under the console if I can swing that. I have connectors here so that I
won't have to cut my stock wiring to the head unit. It's the little
connectors that you crimp on the wire and can then plug male slide
connectors into. I will use them for my remote turn-on and signal feed that
I will be tapping off the back of the stock head unit. I am using a power
ring on an 8-guage power wire to run off the hot terminal of the battery.
I've already loomed that in to the stock harness and you'd never lknow it
was there unless you take the red terminla cover off. I'm trying to make
the install as clean as possible. Stock head unit, no visible wires or
controls, and the box is carpeted with Dodge "agate" carpet. HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Chris Lang" <langerdak@hotmail.com>

Will what kind of subs are you putting in your truck? I'm still looking for
ideas about putting a stereo in my dak since my old amp, sub and reciever
wont fit in the new one. Can't help you on the first two questions but for
the remote turn on the color is usually a dark blue.