Re: Trim/ wiring question Answer:-)

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 16:47:25 EDT

THANKS, Shawn! I think I'll save this message for further reference! I'm
using the stock RBR head unit, so I will just be tapping off the stock
harness for the remote turn-on and signal feeds to the amp. I will be using
the speaker-level inputs on my amp, so I am taking the signal off of the
right front speaker. I'm not going to have to remove anything but the sill
plates, since my box is already built. My ass sensor must not be hooked up,
cause I've never seen the seatbelt light come on! I think I'll pull the ower
wire through the brake cyl boot, then run it down the driver's side door
sill. I am going to pull the driver's seat out to do it, since I'll either
be mounting the amp/crossover under it or under the center seat.Thanks again
for the help, I'll let you know how it turns out.TTYL,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Shawn Bowen" <shawn@bowen.com>

I would personally pull the seat out for this as you are going to have to
pull power wire from your battery, RCA cables from your head unit, and a
turn on lead. If they are not power you can easily pull them out as the
drive side has one wire that's an ass sensor and when disconnected won't
remind you to put your seat belt on anymore (I always where it but hate that
damn light).

If you need any other help let me know.

Shawn
98 5.2L 4x4 CC

P.S.
I JUST put in a Kenwood Z828 Head Unit (plays MP3's off a CD and has 4.5V
preouts!), MB Quart components in the doors, Polk DX6's in the Rear, a PPI
PC450 for the highs and an MTX Thunderform self powered box. Still playing
with tuning it, getting the gains set right and what not.