Re: Shift light/ was underhood lights on '01's

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 17:12:46 EDT

Bill, my '00 4.7L/5-spd truck has the cut-out in the cluster for a
shift-lite, but it never comes on. I don't think it has bulb in it. I would
really like to make it functional, but I'd bet that'd cost me the same ~$500
to get my PCM programmed for it, if they can even do it! It's not worth that
much to me! Has anyone thought about hooking up an aftermarket shift-light
or even an aftermarket tach on a 4.7L? I want yo do a shift lite, but don't
know if it's possible with the ignition system. Anybody know??

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: SEMIHEMI01@aol.com

Lance,
     I don't know of a 2001 shipped with of a under hood light yet. Nobody
on
the list had one & I have not seen one at the dealer either. I special
ordered mine and took delivery on 08-02-00 and it didn't have one. The
dealer
went to DC to find out why and they said it was dropped for 2001 models. It
also has a shift lite in the instrument cluster for the 5 spd; it lites up
upon startup but is not connected to the PCM. They put in the bulb but don't
connect it up. Same with the noise suppressors on coils 3 and 5. They are
there but also not connected. A waste of 2 noise suppressors and 1 light
bulb. Bill

SEMIHEMI01@AOL.COM (Bill C.) 2001 QC, 4.7L, KENNE BELL SC'ed, 5spd.
3.55 LSD, Bored & polished TB, 10w-30 MOBIL 1, GIBSON 3" Single <A
HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/semihemi01/">"THE DAK"</A>