Re: Shift light/ was underhood lights on '01's

From: Lance Russell (lrussell@konnect.net)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 07:55:22 EDT

MSD Ignition has a RPM shift light. I dont know how well it works, but
seems simple. The following is directly from the MSD webpage.

Shift Light -
The MSD Shift Light has a built-in rpm sensing circuit that will turn the
light on when the engine reaches a selected rpm. You select the rpm that
turns the light on by using plug-in RPM modules. To adjust the RPM you
simply plug the desired RPM module into the RPM receptacle on the front of
the shift light. The MSD Shift Light uses a special LED (light emitting
diode) array that is easily visible, even in daylight. The Shift Light will
work on 2, 4, 6, or 8-cylinder engines and will plug directly into the tach
output on the MSD MC-1, MC-2 Ignitions or can be attached directly to the
negative coil terminal when used with points or inductive type ignitions.
Shift Light, MSD or Standard Ignitions - PN 8952

http://www.msdignition.com/

go to the automotive products and RPM accessories.

Lance Russell

""Will Coughlin"" <willcoughlin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Bill, my '00 4.7L/5-spd truck has the cut-out in the cluster for a
> shift-lite, but it never comes on. I don't think it has bulb in it. I
would
> really like to make it functional, but I'd bet that'd cost me the same
~$500
> to get my PCM programmed for it, if they can even do it! It's not worth
that
> much to me! Has anyone thought about hooking up an aftermarket shift-light
> or even an aftermarket tach on a 4.7L? I want yo do a shift lite, but
don't
> know if it's possible with the ignition system. Anybody know??
>
> Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
> '00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
> http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html
>
> ----Original Message Follows----
> From: SEMIHEMI01@aol.com
>
> Lance,
> I don't know of a 2001 shipped with of a under hood light yet. Nobody
> on
> the list had one & I have not seen one at the dealer either. I special
> ordered mine and took delivery on 08-02-00 and it didn't have one. The
> dealer
> went to DC to find out why and they said it was dropped for 2001 models.
It