Exhaust Questions Plz Help:-)

From: Shawn Bowen (shawn@bowen.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 23:44:55 EDT

Ok folks I need some advice. I got a K&N intake kit, 180 Thermo, changed
all my fluids to Synthetics, dropped a Line-x Spray on in, and got my stereo
in. Now I need some advice as to what Cat Back to stick on this puppy. I'm
looking for a modest rumble at idle and cruising speed but I want some looks
when I step on it. A local 4x4 shop here in Atlanta makes there own and use
Gibson mufflers, I'm thinking of going with them but want to make sure that
is a smart move. For a 3" cat back exiting wherever I want it cost's about
$350 from them. That's for galvanized steel tubing with whatever Stainless
Steel tip I want.
I'm concerned about using Galvanized steel instead of Stainless, whether or
not the end result would match the quality of a prefab Cat Back System, HP
gains from this shop vs a prefab unit, sound, and performance. Any and all
suggestions are GREATLY appreciated. How does a dual out before the rear
tires look in yalls opinion?
Thanks,
        Shawn
        98 Dak 5.2L 4x4 CC