Re: Truck troubles...real Dakota content!

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 10:03:23 EDT

Try your Crank Shaft Position sensor... mine acted similar to that when mine
went bad.. i could only rev it to 2000, then 4500, then barely off idle,
then it'd be ok, ect...

Tim Berry

> It was like that for two weeks, until last night on my way down to
Allentown again, it dropped down to 3000 rpm again, and the farther I went
the worse it got. I by the time I got to Scranton, I could barely keep it
at 60 mph and on hills I was lucky to hit 50 mph. But after I got filled up
the gas tank, suddenly everything ran better, moving back up to 4500 rpm
before it acted up.

> Is my line of thinking way off here, or what? Oh, my fuel pump has also
been whining the past couple months, what does a fuel pump do when it is
going bad? Maybe that is part of my problem?