Re: Oregon Dune Patrol Uses DAK's!!

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 10:34:51 EDT

I still think that a QC would make a perfect replacement for a squad car. I'm
not trying to push QC's since I think the RC and CC daks all have their places
among what people like and functionality. The reason I say this is a squad car
needs for doors since they do put people in the back for whatever reason. The
could set up a police package where it has the Spartan back seat and divider
like the ford Crown vics and the late chevy caprice's do. If they put a good
cover on the back then they would have a place to stow all of the things they
usually throw in the truck plus some extra room. There is plenty of space to
mount whatever they can come up with up front between the seats. To finalize
things they would just have to use a much stiffer sway bar setup with a set of
really heavy duty shock and 6 ply tires. This could possibly handle better than
a normally used car. The reason I say that is when GM quit making the caprice
the police departments were upset since they would only be able to buy from
ford. GM came up with a special police tahoe (4 door suburban) at that time and
it was proven to handle better than either the fords or the old caprice. The
never really caught on though due to the size which is another point for the QC
since it's smaller than the Tahoe and not too much bigger than the current cars
available. Just my thoughts on the police issue.

Jeff Durling
'01 4x2 QC SLT+