Re: Better Gas Mileage

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun May 06 2001 - 21:51:05 EDT

If you can find a way to make it work, you will go down in the DML
records as the greatest Dak modder ever (sorry Will, Jon & Bernd). It
barely fits into the Ram's engine bay. It's a 5.9L Inline-6, making it
very long. It's also a beast, weighing in at over half a ton, I
believe.

You'd need to replace the entire drivetrain, plus make massive changes
to the chassis to support it all, and relocate the firewall, which means
interior reconstruction.

Daks made for Brazil (and probably other SA nations) have the option of
a factory diesel. If you can find one of those (with transmission and
everything else) you'll have much better luck.

--
-andy
http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@bigfoot.com