Better Gas Mileage

From: Lance Russell (lrussell@konnect.net)
Date: Sun May 06 2001 - 21:26:05 EDT

To everyone,
    Would putting a 5.9L Cummins 24V Diesel engine in the Dak give better
MPG? With a higher compression ratio than the Magnum 5.9L engine I would
think it would. The Cummins has about the same HP but at a lower RPM range,
and much more torque and an extremely lower RPM. The Dodge page does not
list any Fuel Economy listings since EPA does not rate vehicles over 8500
GVW. It would be a costly upgrade I am sure. You would probably have to
swap the tranny along with the eng and possibly the rear end? I dont know.
I am no where close to being an expert, but just wondering if it would be
possible and if it would produce the desired effect (Lower MPG).

Lance Russell