Re: RC racing seats

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 08:13:17 EDT

    If you're not looking to spend a lot, then your best bet would be to go
to a salvage yard and find a set there. Chances are you can pick up a good
set for well under a couple hundred dollars. You would also to make some
adapters for your seat brackets, but any good metal shop can do this for you
at a nominal charge.

    I looked for some new seats before going with the Wet Okole seat covers
and the cheapest I could find were over $300 apiece. Plus, if the shop
didn't have any you could test fit, you had to order the seats and hope they
fit your body. No seat manufacturer offers returns on seats and consider the
sale final no matter what the conditions (except for manufacturing flaws).

    Oh, yeah. You could always get full blown racing seats as seen in race
cars, but they aren't designed to slide forward nor flip forward. Plus the
padding on them leave a lot to be desired.

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport