Re: Body Lift/Gas Tank Straps

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 09:11:24 EDT

> Height is not the problem with the tires its the width that'll get ya. I
> almost ended up getting 33 x 9.5s but I figured I'd hate driving on the
> highway so much that I decided to stick with the 31s. The rims I had were
> 15x8 not 10 sorry must have had a brain fart when I was typing that. My
> guess would be that 15x10s are too wide. I think you could run 32s on
15x8s
> with the t-bars cranked up without much of a problem. You would probbably
> have a little rubbing when you had it turned all the way in reverse but
> thats about it.

Thanks Chris,
You say rubbing just during turning eh? Hmmm, A typical 32" tires is 11.50"
wide, do you think rubbing would be a problem with a funky width 32" tire,
say 10.50 wide? Thanks! Do you remember what backspacing those 15x8 were on
your truck? I am really shooting for 32" tires. Thanks again!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6