Check engine light and Bosch 4417s

From: Glen Clark (glen@groupphotographers.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 11:04:06 EDT

Ok, so this weekend a Jetchip Stage II shows up in the mail. Im as excited
as can be, so i throw it it and drive it HARD all week end. Then on my way
to work today i notice i'd better get gas. So i pull in to my favorite pump,
and remember "i have to use premium". After i stop crying when i looked at
the price, i fill my (now very expensive) baby up. "Well time to hit the
road." On my way, after say 15mins of driving, the beautiful check engine
light comes on. Now could that possibly be from the new gas? I thought it
might be the IAT adjuster i put in, but it checks out ok (all wires still
hooked up and switch is 'on'). I also have bosch 4417s, but i put those in a
good 2 weeks ago. Could the new plugs have hurt my coils? I think i read
someware on here that it has damaged other peoples. My gas milage has also
gone down (but i think thats from me drving to hard), it idles lower and
(almost) rough. I am going to pick up some autolites on my way home (if my
engine doesnt blow up taking half of the western united states with it) and
put them in. Then after that i'll reset my pcm and hope the problem goes
away. But if anyone has any ideas what the problem might be, please, give me
a hint. :) Thanks in advance.

Here's my specs.
'01 4.7L, auto, bosch 4417s, IAT adjuster, z-tube, JetChip Stage II,
Roadmaster Active Suspension, and a gibson single side exhaust.