Check engine light and Bosch 4417s

From: John Clawson (johnc@asltg.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 16:59:32 EDT

Glen,

I have experienced similar problems with my Jet II's. Although I like
the performance gains, my first one went belly up off road in the
Everglades and the truck just died and would not re-start. Pulled the
chip and was on my way.

Got a warranty replacement and installed it at the same time with a 68mm
factory tb. Truck ran like crap and I got a MIL light and a MAP
code-pulled the chip again.
Tried the chip again last Saturday and although there is no MIL, truck
just doesn't run like it should. I turned off the IAT box to see if
there was any change-there wasn't. I'm pulling the Jet out tonight and
going strictly with IAT adj. for testing this week(end).
Did you check to see what code lit your 'check engine light'?

HTH

jc in digest mode
00 Sport,cc,4.7,4X4,auto,3.92sg,
Quickd air,Flowmaster,180 tstat,Jet II(coming out)
68mm tb, Mobil 1, and a Bernd Box(staying in)

> Ok, so this weekend a Jetchip Stage II shows up in the mail. Im as excited
> as can be, so i throw it it and drive it HARD all week end.

<snip>