RE: Off Road Tires

From: Rodney Lewis (rlewis@nicorenergy.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 15:35:06 EDT

Don't think you want those if your truck is a daily driver...they're unsiped
bias-ply tires. At minimum, you'd want the radial version, but those aren't
siped either (things can get a little hairy on wet pavement). I'd suggest
looking at the SSR if you've got your heart set on Swampers. Other good,
though somewhat less agressive alternatives: Goodyear MT/R (new improved
version of the old MT), Yokohama Geolander MT (directional, very soft so you
probably won't get more than 30k out of them), BFG MT (been running these
myself for 2 years and am pleased...had Discount Tire sipe them for me),
Pro-Comp MT's (these are becoming a popular choice, verdict is still out on
just how good they are), Futura MT (inexepensive, decent traction, not quite
as durable, General MT (similar to BFG MT, usually a bit le$$).

-Rodney