Re: Fried Pioneer CD Player

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 00:09:37 EDT

Sorry to hear about your radio troubles, Kyle. Hope you get everything
figured out. You definitely want to get that CD back out of it, it's a good
one! I will give you this info- when I had my old truck(a 1982 Chevy
Silverado 4x4), and I bought my pioneer CD player for it, the guy at the
stereo shop warned me that he wouldn't fix it if it broke, because he
expected it would. Apparently Pioneer CD players are prone to screwing up
the CD circuit/laser alignment when jarred too much. He took one look at my
4" lift leaf springs on both ends, and my mud on the side, and said he
didn't expect it to last more than about 6 months with the way it looked
like I drove the truck. With yours being a 4x4 I would guess it rides a
little rough so it may have had a negative effect on something inside your
unit.HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html