Fried Pioneer CD Player

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 23:27:08 EDT

I took my Pioneer CD Player out of my truck about 2 weeks ago, cause it
wouldnt turn on. I put my stock unit back in(pretty bad) and have been
missin the better quality sounds. I had power coming into deck and coming to
the front of the deck, where there are the little prongs for the faceplate.
So it has been at my local repair 'dealer' since then. I got a call today
saying they repaired some little diode and the deck now has power, and the
radio works. However, the CD player 'circuit' is fried..........or atleast
that it what they told me. They guy said it would run $175 for parts. Of
course, I told him forget it and I would come pick the deck up. He said "Ok,
I understand......dont worry about repair. I will just charge you $20
estimate repair feee." Fair enough I guess. How or why could the CD player's
circuit be fried? The main fuse going into the deck wasnt blown either. I
bought the deck originally from Crutchfield, and they dont want to do a darn
thing for me. I figure this time I should just go ahead and buy from Best
Buy or Circuit City. I want to get another 1.5 din Pioneer unit, even though
I have had this poor experience with Pioneer products. This way I will fork
out the addition money and buy the 'anything goes' warranty for the extended
3 years. So I wont be in this situation in another 2 years. Yes, I have only
had the deck in my truck for two frigin years. Any thoughts? I just wanna
get my old deck back so I can tear it apart and get my Dixie Chics CD back
out of it :)
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6