Re: Your opinions or experiences

From: Leonard Price (lprice@consultronics.com)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 08:36:44 EDT

My previous truck was a regular 1987 Dodge Ram with a 318CI. and I ran it
with the bi-fuel system. IE. unleaded or propane. I found that you do not
get the mileage with propane as you do with gas however it is cheaper, at
least here in Toronto. I did not have any mods on the truck and there was
fewer oil changes required and the mufflers lasted longer. I found that for
a general use fuel it was great but it does burn at a higher temperature
and as a result I did have to change the heads sooner than normal (they
cracked). In closing I just want to say that I felt it was a great change
to obtain a more economical fuel but I wouldn't promote it as a performance
mod.

At 05:28 PM 5/8/01 +0900, you wrote:
> I am looking at the possibility of a LPG (Liquid Propane Gas) conversion
>for my 01 Dak QC with a 5.9L Magnum. Does anyone in the group have any
>experience with any alternative fuel conversions? I know everyone has an
>opinion and I am open to those as well. Please keep them honest though as I
>am seriously thinking about this.
> There are several options I have found so far. The one I am most
>interested in is a Bi-Fuel conversion. You can use LPG or Unleaded
>Gasoline. I am not sure of the exact price yet, but the prices seem to be
>between $2K and $5K.
> The other thing I am wondering is what other MODs can you still use with
>the conversion? I know you can still use headers and I dont see any reason
>you could not use the FIPK K&N, or Airaid system.
> The LPG sounds like it would also perform better with an improved after
>market ignition system as well. Please let me know.
> Would anyone like to see about a group buy on something like this?
>
>Lance Russell

Leonard A. Price
lprice@consultronics.com
ICQ # 144893