Windage Tray install

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 08:00:22 EDT

Has anyone sucessfully installed a crankshaft windage tray and the main
studs that go w/it? I have been fighting this install for several weeks
now and am just about ready to give up and go back to stock main bolts
and no tray. 2 of my mounting studs were hitting the stock oil pan not
letting it mount all the way up. I cut off about 3/8's of each of those
2 studs and still have problems getting the pan rails to meet. I mocked
the pan/studs/tray up on another block in my garage and it looks like
the tray itself is also not clearing the stock oil pan. I would just
purchase an aftermarket pan but the only one that I can find for my
application is almost $300 and I just can't drop that on an oil pan.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

Shane

--
'96
IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs

'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck" '74 Triple-Black Dodge Challenger Rallye 360 home-brew EFI R&D vehicle '68 Black Corvette Convertible 427 (For Sale)