Re: Strobe Kit Install <---Step by Step!

From: THRASHER949@aol.com
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 00:03:56 EDT

I did strobes in my truck like last year. I got a few tips....1. Put switch
in a visable spot (prefibrly a lighted switch), 2. get a radar dectector. On
my first install i had a toggle switch mounted on the underside of the dash,
big mistake! To easy to accidentaly bump and turn em on. Second no light
tells you they are on. That was a 77 dollar ticket w/ a fix it in California.
On my second install (after the ticket) i put the switch in plain view and
its one that lights up when its on, and its infront of the consol by the
change holder so it cant be accidentally turned on. Radar detector gives you
and early warning. My 2 cents...no tickets since then.