Re: Re: 2001 4.7, Drop In K&N Filter, Removing Stock Air Box Cover

From: Paul Macey (pmacey@ans.net)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 11:32:37 EDT

I checked my 2001 DAK QC built 4/12/01, it has that rubber piece.

Have a K&N drop in filter on order from truckperformance.com (a little
pissed at them, ordered it last Thursday, they didn't tell me they were
doing inventory that Thursday and Friday and it would take a couple extra
days to ship (they did seem to have the lowest price at $39 though))

With the K&N GEN II FIPK due in the summer for the 2001 4.7, thoughts on
removing this rubber piece, even with the K&N 'shield' that I think will
be included with the FIPK.

Any benefit in removing the rubber piece with the stock setup, snorkle
in place, and with a K&N drop in filter, or should I remove the snorkle
and the rubber piece?

Thanks in advance.