RE: Now: Oil Change Question, was: Welcome Julie

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 12:52:06 EDT

Hey Julie!

With your driving habits, I would not wait 3000 miles. I would consider your
drives to be very harsh (running less than 20 minutes per start, stop and go
traffic, that kind of stuff). I wouldn't drop below 2000, but every 2000
couldn't hurt. I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum - 50 miles one way to
work, 80% highway - going to hit 15,000 tonight since October '00. It is
never on for less than 40 minutes (take the wife's car for the short stuff)

Anyhoo, welcome aboard!

Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 250,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1!