RE: RE: Vegas meet

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 21:06:06 EDT

Here's the scoop... Thinking in advance, the Dakota RT meet #2 is in Topeka
Kansas this year, and I will
be attending ala America West Airlines, and not driving (Rug rat on the way,
and can't afford the time off from work).

I want to have the National RT meet #3 in Las Vegas next year, but it'll
probably get voted out again. No matter. I also finally see DML members
wanting to have a 'BIG meet' of sorts, and not just some 10 trucks in a
Wal-Mart parking lot (nothing against Wally mart, we shop there too).

So, I wanted to spike this in the middle, and push for a WEST COAST, Dodge
Dakota Meet-- Put on by the DML & RTML members. Las Vegas has my vote--
with lots of things to do and see (besides gambling and show girls). I
would expect this to be in Feb-Mar of '02 to keep the temps down. We can do
this informally, or organized down to name tags & trophies. This would be
welcome to ALL Dodge Dakota, Dodge Durangos, and even yes---D50 Ram trucks.
Why? The D50 was the first compact Dodge truck, the Dakota was the
replacement for the D50 and the Durango is the first SUV to share the Dakota
platform. Now, if you have a rust bucket, you might not want to bring it.
We want to have this as a 'show' as much as possible, with some magazine
exposure potential. Plan on a Thurs/Fri/Sat/Depart Monday affair. You DO
NOT want to drive south on I-15 from Vegas on a Sunday. Thurs. arrivals for
people that'll help organize the event (if we go that route). Classes would
break down into D50, Gen I Dakota, Gen I Shelby, Gen I Convertible, Gen II
Dakota, Gen III Dakota, Gen III Dakota RT. 4x4 and 4x2 would go into the
same class, unless we had some wild turnout to split the classes even
further down. I have a slew of things planned that would really make it a
Show & Go event (and not just drag racing). Could we get 200-300 Dakota
owners interested in attending this??? I would like to get some quick
feedback so I can get some idea of room pricing, etc. Your ENTRY fee
'should' include your hotel room for the weekend, T-shirt, etc. That way
you pay up front for everything (which is full refundable if the event
doesn't happen), arrive, get your room key and enjoy. This type of
commitment is crucial at getting this off the ground.

Oh yeah... From now until the beginning of June 2001 I am selling F&B 50mm's
at a discount. $420 list-- try $390.00 + shipping ($20 does FedEx 2 day to
the Midwest, you tell me how you want it shipped, and that's what you pay)
No minimum, no waiting, no problem. I just got a call from a gentleman I
sold a 50mm to at Spring Fling last month. Had great things to say, and
ordered a 2nd TB for his wife's Durango!
Got questions?? Call me .. (619) 723-8679

Sam Parthemer
Elite Automotive Products