Re: Powerdyne/MP HP PCM

From: Signman615@cs.com
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 23:05:33 EDT

In a message dated 5/10/01 1:51:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Shawn@bowen.com
writes:

<< He also had a valid point about Powerdyne vs Kenne Bell, while KB does
boost
 at a lower range at cruising speed on the highway it burns a truckload of
 gas because it's constantly boosting. What he didn't really want to talk
 about was the PCM;-) KB offer's one tuned for their product, Powerdyne
 doesn't. Decisions, decisions... >>

He doesn't have a valid point! Apparently he has no idea how his competitors
product works or he is trying to bull sh*t you so you'll buy his product. I
have the KB SC on my 4.7 and boost can come on at 2,000 RPM's but only if you
punch it. I can drive around for days and never see any boost at all, and gas
mileage stays the same as before. But if I punch it, like I do often, and see
full boost, then gas is definitely going to be an issue. KB kit also comes
with 2 auxiliary fuel injectors and on the 5.2L a boost-a-pump to deal with
the issue of air/fuel ratios. That much more air going in is going to need
more fuel to balance things out. Does Powerdyne address this at all, or do
they treat it like they do the computer issue, and expect you to find the way
to fix it. I know how you feel about being worried because you haven't talked
to many who have done it before on the 5.2. When I did mine on the 4.7L, I
had handwritten instructions and no pictures to go by on the install because
they hadn't gone to the printers yet. There were only 15 done nation wide
when I did mine. I love it!! No detonation at all in over 5 months and over
5,000 miles. I can't comment on the 5.2 unit, but if it's anything like the
one for the 4.7 your going to love it also. KB has been making kits for the
5.2 for quite some time so I would think that they have worked out all the
bugs and it should be just as good if not better than the one for the 4.7.
One reason I say this is; because the 4.7 is coming from the factory so
efficient that gains are harder to come by than with the older magnums. They
have more room for improvement than the 4.7. I'm not trying to trash the
Powerdyne unit, I just wanted you to know the facts on the 2,000 RPM boost
thing and take in the fuel issue as well. Hope this helps you out.

Paul
00 CC 4x4
4.7L Kenne Bell Supercharged, Borla Headers, Magnum Performance TB,
Flowmaster Muffler w/ 3" pipe exiting in stock location, ect.