Re: My first Dak + couple questions

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 07:42:18 EDT

Welcolme to the world of Daks and the DML! If the buying the Dak didn't
drain all your money, hanging around with us will :)

8-10 weeks sounds normal-ish. The order has to be slipped into the
build plans and they're typically planned pretty far ahead. My father
waited over about 3 months dor his Durango, but then again, they had to
build it twice.

On to your questions:
1 - Don't get a bedrug if you don't get a cap. Also, the rug won't make
your bed as soft & comfortable as your bed at home. Ed Halterman has a
real nice cap on his '01 QC. But consider getting a spray-in bedliner
instead of the carpet. Then you don't have to worry about messing up
the carpet. Skip the plastic drop-in liners at all costs.

2 - The limiter isn't coming out unless you get a custom flash ($400 and
you have to send the PCM out to have it done). The Mopar Performance
computer has been indefinitely put on hold, as they'd having EPA
problems, among other things. As far as I know, there's no "drop in"
replacement.

3 - I've heard a Gibson on a 4.7L and it sounds really sweet.

4 - Body lifts put spacers between the body (cab & bed) & frame to lift
it off the fram. Suspension lifts push the wheels down in relation to
the frame by relocating or otherwise modifying the suspension. I don't
know if there's a suspension lift for the 2000 and later models, nor if
there's a body lift for the QC.

I don't know if you're looking to improve performance, but if you are,
the exhaust is a good start. But you need to open up the intake as
well. A larger throttle body and a cold air or less restrictive air
intake will help out a lot. What they hey, just get 'em anyway, I've
still got the stock exhaust and I have both.

In general, as long as the work is done right, you won't void your
warranty (except maybe on the lifts). For the waranty to be void, the
dealer has to show that the mod directly caused the failure resulting in
the warranty claim. If you replace the muffler and the head gasket
blows, you'll be under warranty. If you put a suspension lift on and
then one of your leaf springs breaks, you're SOL.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@yahoo.com ------------------------------------------------------------- modesty, n.: Being comfortable that others will discover your greatness -------------------------------------------------------------